Towing Trailers and Horse Floats in NSW
Some facts from Roads and Maritime Services about towing trailers and horse floats in NSW:
- Towing more than one trailer at a time is not allowed.
- Nobody is allowed to ride in or on trailers or caravans.
- When towing and driving on a road without street lights, drive at least 60 metres behind heavy vehicles or other vehicles towing trailers,unless overtaking.
Learner Drivers and ‘P’ plate (Provisional) drivers
- Learner drivers and learner and provisional motorcycle riders are not allowed to tow.
- P1 car licence holders can tow small trailers with up to 250 kg of unloaded weight.